How we use your information
This privacy statement tells you what to expect when OwnCo Homes collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website
- people who use our services, eg who subscribe for updates or send in a contact request form or enquiry form through the site.
Where you have subscribed to our email update service, you may unsubscribe at any time. A quick link facility for unsubscribing is included in each email update.
When someone visits our site (www.owncohomes.uk) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Where we do collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. For example, where enquiries are submitted to us we will use the information supplied to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
Purposes for which we keep your information
The information you send us through this website in the various contact forms may be added to an internal management information database and may ultimately form part of a later Rent to Own application. We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity before discussing your personal information with you
- compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations, and good practice
- ensuring business policies are adhered to such as policies covering security and internet use
- operational reasons such as training and quality control and statistical analysis
- security vetting, credit scoring and checking
- investigating complaints and allegations of criminal offences
- preventing unauthorised access and modifications to systems.
We may also keep a limited range of information for monitoring and statistical purposes around equality of opportunity. Such details are separate from any other information you may provide and form no part of the dealings on any enquiry or subsequent tenancy.
We will keep personal information in line with our retention policy. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
Sharing your information with third parties
We do not disclose your information except:
- where we have your permission
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law
- to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other companies that provide a service to us or you
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under our agreement(s) with you
- to government entities or regulatory bodies in order that those entities may discharge their responsibilities and obligations or exercise their powers or functions (for example a public authority such as the Housing Executive, or the Department for Communities and/or its agents or successors).
We may disclose parts of your information, to the extent that it is lawful, to a research organisation employed directly or indirectly by OwnCo Homes, whether on its own or jointly with another body.
People who call our telephone line
When you call our telephone line we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
We also record calls received and may keep other records of conversations or communications exchanged on our internal management system for the purposes of dealing with customer queries.
We offer an interpreter service for callers when English is not their first language. This is provided by a third party company. The company that provides this service does not retain any information from the calls or record them.
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
People who make a complaint to us
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. We will compile statistics about complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
On every page of the site you will see buttons for social media sites such as Twitter or Facebook. You should be aware that if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting our site, and the specific pages you are on. This might happen even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services. You should check the respective policies of such sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt-out or delete such information.
Security and performance
OwnCo Homes uses third party services to host and help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver these services the IP addresses of visitors to the website may be processed.
Links to other websites
This privacy statement does not cover any links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
This privacy statement does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of OwnCo Homes’ collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are commonly used on the internet. We use session cookies – these are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser. We use them to:
- collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website
- compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit
- temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as calculators or demonstrations on our website
Cookies will not be used to contact you for marketing purposes and they do not in any way compromise the security of your computer.
You can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser. Your internet browser’s help section will have specific instructions about how to manage or disable cookies. More information on cookies can be found online, such as at aboutcookies.org. This includes information on how to disable cookies.