About OwnCo Homes
- Company registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI619748
- Wholly owned private subsidiary of Co-Ownership Housing
- Works on not-for-profit principles
- Funded by interest-free loans from government
- Set up to operate the Rent to Own scheme
- Registered as a landlord under the Landlord Registration Scheme.
About Rent to Own
- Launched in 2016
- An affordable housing initiative for Northern Ireland to help renters become home owners, it’s a fixed term rental commitment with an opportunity for home ownership
- Properties and tenants must qualify.
About Co-Ownership Housing
- Trading name of Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association Limited
- Registered Housing Association, R33
- Industrial and Provident Society, IP200
- Accepted as a charity by HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs), reference XR62384
- Application pending for registration as a charity with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
- Operates the Co-Ownership equity sharing scheme, exclusive to Northern Ireland.